GUIDE FOR AUTHORS
Instructions for authors
All manuscripts for peer-review have to be sent in english language. Each manuscript is reviewed by two carefully selected independent reviewers with hidden identities. During the peer-review process the editors declare, that none of the information about authors will be disclosed to reviewers, editorial board or publisher. Final decision about accepting or refusing the manuscript is strictly and fully in competency of editorial board. Editorial board are responsible for scientific and ethical standard of the journal.
All manuscripts need to be send electronically to journal´s editorial address
The authors do not pay any fees for the publication
The author of manuscript declare, that all conditions for successfull acceptation of manuscript are met. Accepted manuscript are reviewed by editors at first. The manuscript is evaluated on the basis of two independent reviewers. Following the evaluation of manuscripts, the editor sends the result of the review process to the author. The author is obliged to consider the comments and revise the manuscript based on the comments of the reviewers. Reviewers have the right to reject an article. Manuscripts, that are not applicable for publishing are rejected immediatelly. Manuscripts, that are meeting the requirements with minor issues are sent back to authors for correction. Manuscripts are accepted only after approving by both independent reviewers.
Authors are obliged to participate in the peer review process and cooperate fully by responding promptly to editors’ requests for raw data, clarifications, and proof of ethics approval and patient consents. In the case of a first decision of “revisions necessary“, authors should respond to the reviewers’ comments systematically, point by point, and in a timely manner, revising and re-submitting their manuscript to the journal by the deadline given.
For successfull acceptance manuscript will undergo double-blind review. Authors are anonymous for reviewers and vice versa. Authors are obligated to erase all details about authors in manuscripts. Authors are sending full article and blind version as well for reviewing process.
Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously. that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form, in English or in any other languages, including electronically without the written consent of the copyrightholder. The main author of manuscript has to send signed declaration with confirming above mentioned.
- Font Times New Roman, size 12
- 1.5 space-format
- ENTER keyboard can be used only at the end of paragraph
- round parenthesis should be used ()
- All abbreviations needs to be explained when first used
- No bold or italics font can be used
- Bold font can be used strictly for labeling title of article, sections or tables and figures
- The use of acronyms should be avoided in title, abstract, key words and summary
1. Short title of paper, authors names and affiliations
2. Abstract- briefly summarize the content of article max. 15 lines of text. Work structure should be as followed introduction, sample, methods, results, conclusion. For review article non-structured abstract is recommended. At the end of abstract 3-6 keywords are listed, we strongly advice to use the keywords from database Index Medicus.
3. Article- Text should consist of sections: Introduction, Sample, Methods, Results, Conclusions. Text of review article report should consist of sections: Introductions, sub-sections, conslusions. Case study is comprising of Introduction to problem with close look to problem specification. Important section of case study should be Discussion.
4. Figures, graphs, tables- it is neccessary to number with a legend descriptions in text. We recommend to attach in highest possible resolution. It is very important to link the references for each figure, graps or table directly in text. We are accepting all formats commonly used such as jpg., giff., png. etc.
5. References- Citations in text are listed in rounded parenthesis according the order as cited in text. Same goes for the list of references at the end of article. For the references, which were not published so far the author is obligated to obtain the agreement for publishing from original authors. Avoid referring to abstracts, not published peer-reviews, personal announcements etc. In the list of references the journal acronyms according Index Medicus style can be used. This can be seen on web http://www.nlm.nih.gov
Title page consist of slovak and english title of article, full names of all authors and affiliations. The title of article should be short, accurate and should not be longer than 50 characters. It is important to list the author for correspondance providing author´s e-mail address for communication. This person will be responsible for future manuscript communication. Title page should also inform about any financial support, contributions, material support or whether the paper is financed via grant or any other project. In a case that paper content is dealing with ethical requirements the ethical comitee statement is needed as well.
Corresponding author is a person, who is primary responsible for communication with journal during manuscript submission, evaluation, publishing and administration requirement management. The author should be at disposal also after publishing in order to react on journal additional requirements. The corresponding author doesn´t need to be the main author of paper.
Declaration of interest
All authors must disclose any financial and personal relationships with other people or organizations that could inappropriately influence (bias) their work. Examples of potential competing interests include employment, consultancies, stock ownership, honoraria, paid expert testimony, patent applications/registrations, and grants or other funding. Authors must disclose any interests. A summary declaration of interest statement in the title page file or at the end of the manuscript file. If there are no interests to declare then please state this: 'The authors declare that they have no competing interests'.
If there was any funding provided for research the authors are must specify this and briefly describe the role of each author or funder.
Changes in Authorship
Authors are expected to consider carefully the list and order of authors before submitting their manuscript and provide the definitive list of authors at the time of the original submission. Any
addition, deletion or rearrangement of author names in the authorship list should be made only before the manuscript has been accepted and only if approved by the journal Editor. To request such a change, the Editor must receive the following from the corresponding author: (a) the reason for the change in author list,(b) written confirmation (e-mail, letter) from all authors that they agree with the addition, removal or rearrangement, and (c) written confirmation (email or letter) from all authors' affliations. In the case of addition or removal of authors, this includes confirmation from the author being added or removed. Only in exceptional circumstances will the Editor consider the addition, deletion, or rearrangement of authors after the manuscript has been accepted. While the Editor considers the request, publication of the manuscript will be suspended. If the manuscript has already been published in an online issue, any requests approved by the Editor will result in a corrigendum.
Editors are reserving the right for minor stylistic text corrections.